At South Auckland Middle School, students put in one afternoon per week in a service role, working for and with people in the surrounding community.
Community Service Aims
- That the students would be involved in working with and for people in the community.
- That this would be seen as an essential part of the school curriculum.
- That it would assist the moral development of SAMS students by placing them in situations where they have to consider the needs of others before themselves.
- Students put in 90 minutes work one afternoon a week in a service role.
- During Community Service time, they are fully engaged in the task in a way that serves the organisation/people they are working with.
- That they learn to show initiative and a good work ethic.
Community Service is seen as an essential part of our school curriculum. Through involvment and work with people in our local community, students are placed in situations where they have to consider the needs of others before themselves.
Previously, students from South Auckland Middle School have proudly supported Habitat for Humanity and worked hard to clean up our community. Pictured below is one of the fundraising events.