Aims and Future
The Aims of South Auckland Middle School are:
- To provide a window of opportunity for outstanding learning for Year 7 to 10 students.
- To play a significant part in preparing students for full and effective participation in their future academic, cultural, sporting, social and working lives.
- To provide a learning environment that is thorough, innovative and able to be applied to the best advantage to each student through their individualised education.
The Core Values of the School are:
- Excellence in learning.
- Cooperation among students, families and the community.
- Building of personal character through applied Christian values.
- A strong emphasis on thinking skills and students understanding how they think and learn.
Features and Future:
- A small school environment.
- An in-class student:teacher ratio of no more than 15:1.
- Individualised education for each student.
- A modified day structure to allow excellent learning outside of the classroom and the use of community resources. It also allows students to develop skills in independent learning.
- Excellent learning resources including up-to-date and thoughtfully-used ICT.
Our Vision Statement is:
- Through effective teaching, a supportive learning environment, an optimal day structure and an integrated curriculum, young people develop and learn and have a base for excellence in all spheres of life.